CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, November 14, 2008

Gift Card Holder

As I was preparing for a party tomorrow, I was trying to decide what "hands-on" item we would be making (I always like for my group to make something with our fabulous products). And since we are getting closer to the holidays, I was trying to keep that in mind. We have all made Christmas Cards at my workshops, so I needed something more unique.

I had seen a money holder card that caught my attention, but never got around to making it. So, I got my instructions out and starting making some dimensional changes. This was so easy I could hardly believe it! For the base of the card, I used a cardstock and cut it 6 x 4.25 (I tried 6 x 4 and it worked, but a gift card fit in there very tight, but for money, it would be perfect!). You score it at 2.5" and 5". Fold at both score lines and you will see it come together! I folded the small flap up and adhered just the edges, creating a pocket for the gift card or the cash.

Then, in order to keep it secure, I cut a strip of the cardstock 6 x 1.25. I tried scoring it, but I never could get it quite right, so I simply folded it around the card and it was perfect!

Before you do any adhering, you decorate as desired.

I used paper from the Aspen paper pack. The first one I made is for a girl. I used Pink Carnation Cardstock (which is retired but I still have tons of!). And just the back of the paper because I just wanted the beautiful muted blue only. Then, I stamped the snowman face from the November Stamp of the Month, All Decked Out (I love this set... it is so versatile!) on a piece of white cardstock (1.5 x 3, folded in half to make a tag) on the front. Then, with Hollyhock ink, I stamped the scarf on a piece of the Pink Carnation cardstock and cut it out. (I then used a little stickles on the scarf for accents - what girl doesn't love bling!)

And, of course, the blue, is for a boy. I used Outdoor Denim ink on Twilight paper on that one.

I thought they were fun and I hope you like them!





0 comments: